• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • no, it's not about money

    Saturday, October 2, 2010
    i've graduated with my bachelor degree in 2006. after graduation, i've became temporary teacher for less than a month. it was not because i quit but there was 2 reason at that time,. first the teacher i replaced attended her 3 weeks courses and returned to resume her position. secondly, the school was far away from my rented house in Kajang. i have to 'tumpang' other teachers from Bangi @ Kajang area to go to work. and that was very 'menyusahkan' those teachers and me myself. But overall, teaching was a good experience.

    when the job ended, i've already decided to further my study in the same field as my degree. before that major decision, i have been thinking really hard whether to work or study. looking at the jobs market at that time, i believe graduates from Science & Tech can only go to Sales, Marketing, big company (if u r good enough), and of course lots of my friends end up in KPLI and DPLI.

    i applied for my master in UKM and discussed with my supervisor about it. due to the fact that the program i chose is offer only in research so research it be. fast forward, i enrolled for my master, went to my classes, and applied for scholarships. God is very good to me, He gave me a chance to land myself a tutorship from a local university. in the beginning, everything was so beautiful. the studies, the scholarship and all of the elements. the spirit was very high, and all i can imagine is the ending to this beautiful reality.

    times past. it's 2010. in my imagination, i should be working now and earning money at this age. but.. but.. here i am still stuck in my study. the study period extended but the scholarship money ended long time ago. to make everything worst, they don't want me coz i ain't finish my master (just the thesis part, writing!!) and i can't look for other jobs coz i'm bonded to them (contract, and big sum of money to compensate)

    ah, what a frustration to have a nightmare at the end. the stress build up too, each and every single day. i can't get back that passion i have before to end all these but i am trying every day i wake up in the morning. you know what break my heart the most?

    it was when people keep asking you these questions:

    A: what are you doing now, working already?
    me: no lah, still struggling with my study.

    A: study what more?
    me: master laa, so long also not finish yet.

    A: you want to earn more money maa.......


    F.Y.I if i want to makes more money, i'll go work once i've graduated... save money and do some serious business, alrite. what, you think once i get this master then sure i am gonna get good job that pay big money? nope. coz in the end it's the working experiences that matters out there!

    no, it's not about money that i am all in this deep troubles now. it's about doing what i want and what i love. it's not easy to be compare with your fellow friends who are already working for 3,4 years. their handsome paychecks, their possessions and such. it makes a pessimist feel like a failure, loser and down.

    lucky, i am born optimistic. i know that what i endures now are gonna be a catalyst for me in the future. it is not gonna be easy to finally break this cocoon and comes out as butterfly. but i know eventually, one day it will. look at the cocoon, can you find anything pretty on it that indicate the beauty of a butterfly? -- no, aite.

    and i leave us a reminder. next time, when you have a friend or any person you know having problem just like i share here... please don't say that it's all about money. instead, just give us words of encouragement and an understanding smile. but if can, a big hug and handshake mostly make our day better :)


    2 comments:

    1. willie a.k.a reptoz said...:

      The fickle One...

      I was a UKM graduate. I missed that placed and I rented an apartment together with three of my friends who are pastors right now, although they graduated with degrees in Science. Not all will go to teaching, unlike me who graduated with a Bachelor in Education.

      Whether to further your studies or working is a personal choice and I always respect that. I did my Masters while I was working. It was hard to divide time and I was really stressed, especially when I already have a family at that time.

      I believe you can cope with your studies well. Just be patient, ask and the door will be opened for you.

      God Bless!

    1. the fickle one said...:

      thanks Mr.Willie for those encouraging words :)

      i believe that there are different callings for each of us. just like my lecturer used to tell us, what we study today will not decide what we become in the future.

      for now, the race is to finish what i've started..