• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • my chinese new year

    Wednesday, February 2, 2011

    :: 农历新年快乐 恭喜发财 万事如意 兔年大吉 ::
    Happy Chinese New Year to all Malaysians. Yes, all not only the Tiong Hua or Chinese or those who has family members to celebrate with.

    It is a national holiday after all, so it must be a national celebration also right :)
    Though i am no chinese, but somehow sometimes i feel that i am a little bit of it. That was the effect of spending 11 years of school with fellow Chinese friends ;) There was an incident back in first week of secondary school, my own people (race) do not want to friend me. Reason? Just because some other friends or her told her not to. Hmm. what ever, i have nothing to lose.

    During my younger years @ primary school, i went to Chinese Medium school. First year was a struggle, i have to learn everything on my own. To cope with the Mandarin language which is the main language used, and of course if you don't master the language... you'll end up knowing nothing (besides BM and English of course). Mummy and daddy are not of Chinese descendants too (though they are sepet), no nothing of this foreign language.. Oh yea, i was on my own feet since the day i step into my class of 1E circa 1991.

    And because my teachers never treated me unequally, they always forgot that i am not a sepet spesies. The innocent me never bother about my differences except for my exam marks of course. This continues to my secondary school years.

    When Chinese New Year came, we planned about our 'Bai Nian' or house visiting. We went together usually on the 3rd day of CNY. The group was as big as 10-20 people (almost a classroom) and our mode of transportation -- you guess it -- bus! Either the red colour Bau Transport Company or green colour Sarawak Transport Company. Both numbered as NO. 2, enroute from Bau to Kuching. Our 'Bai Nian' destination --> Bau town, Paku, Siniawan, Tanjung Duria and, Keranji.

    How 'kecoh' we all at that time. Shouting, teasing, chasing and what so ever the naughty bunch of teenagers always do. Pity, the tradition continues without me after Form 4. Because i was transferred to other school. Life in this new school, was another story to tell.

    I have cousins and aunt who celebrate CNY but i never celebrate with them since my Uni years. Huhu... missed all the good tasty great foods, the joys and ang pau of cozzz.... :))

    Government is busy shouting the concept of 1 Malaysia, but what i saw was more differences are been highlighted. Oh come on, go to East Malaysia and you live in 1 Malaysia, not only the concept folks!

    As for this new Rabbit year, i will stay at home and watch the tv till my eyes got blood shot. hahaha.. kidding! No, i have to stay at home to babysit the house cat, Berry, and to avoid the sea of foreign workers out there. But the spirit of CNY will always be with me!

    p/s: I am so narcissist that i once declare that i am more Chinese that some Chinese. What the heck am i thinking? Just because i can speak, read n write the languages?





    0 comments: